Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mapping Lombard Street

All along Lombard these driveway posts with horse heads protect the buildings from being inadvertently hit by vehicles.  This photo was taken around 12:25pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
This artistic metal gate leads to the backyard section of homes on 26th and Lombard.  This photo was taken around 12:35 pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
I think these bicycles have been here a little too long.  This photo was taken at 25th and Lombard around 12:40pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
Buddha guards the entrance to this home on 24th and Lombard.  This photo was taken on February 5th, 2010, around 12:45pm.
Located at 23rd and Lombard is another bike parked on this street,  I never realized how popular biking was in the city.  This photo was taken around 12:50pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
 
 Two what seem to be hand crafted statues adorn the front stoop of this home located at 22nd and Lombard.  This photo was taken around 12:55pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
This bicycle had a retro look to it as it sat on 21st and Lombard around 12:55pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
At 2oth and Lombard this hand was waiting to be rapped against its door.  This photo was taken February 5th, 2010 around 1pm.
 
I like the strength the lion door knocker stands for.  Don't knock on this door unless your ready to face the lion.  This was taken at 19th and Lombard around 1:05pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 

Another version of the lion door knocker adorns this home on 18th and Lombard.  This photo was taken at 1:10pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
 
Another two-wheeled mode of transportation.  I could not figure out the need to lock these scooters up, I always thought you could fold them up and carry them with you.  Who am I to judge, they probably had their hands full of groceries or something and could not carry everything with them at once.  This photo was taken at 17th and Lombard around 1:15pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
There were quite a few doors like this down Lombard, the plaque indicates the building is a Philadelphia historical building and this photo was taken around 1:20pm Friday, February5th, 2010.   Oh yeah, it was located at 16th and Lombard.
 
 
I don't know if the size of this image adequately shows the tape that is wrapped around the frame of this bicycle.  This photo was taken at 15th and Lombard around 1:25pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
 
I know, it is not a bicycle or a door knocker but my original idea was to photograph an interesting detail of each street on my journey and these yellow triangles were what dominated the scene on Broad and Lombard around 1:30pm Friday, February 5th, 2010. 
 
 
 
I liked the simplicity of this door knocker coupled with its uniqueness.  I definitely have given way too much thought to door knockers over the last few days, although I am not really sure if door knocker is the exact term to describe them.  Either way I am pretty sure you get the idea.  This photo was taken at 13th and Lombard around 1:40pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
Behind a locked fence, chained to each other, and covered in a tarp, these two bicycles seem pretty well protected from anyone with sinister ideas.  This photo was taken on 12th and Lombard around 1:50pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
 
 This was the classiest door knocker I saw on my walk down Lombard.  Obviously located at 1043 Lombard St.  This is my image for 11th and Lombard which was taken around 2pm. Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
 
 
 The lines of this front door along with the slender, what looks to be weathered door knocker caught my attention on 10th and Lombard around 2:10pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
 
 
 I don't think this is what the owner had in mind when they left their bicycle here at 9th and Lombard.  This phot was taken around 2:20pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
 
 
I was quite pleased with myself when I noticed this bike chained up in front of this door with a wreath circling its knocker.  This picture was taken on 8th and Lombard around 2:30pm Friday, February 5th, 2010. 
 
 
This knocker was unique to me because of the shells hanging from the knocker, a little flair from the owner made it stand out, the red door helped it to stand out as well.  This photo was taken on 7th and Lombard around 2:40pm Friday, February 5th, 2010.
 
 
This bike, located at 6th and Lombard has a couple of obstacles to face before hitting that open road again.  It needs to be unlocked and maybe some air in the rear tire.  This image was taken on Friday, February 5th, 2010 around 2:50pm. 
 
 
 
Interestingly, at this site on February 5th, 2010, at 3:00pm nothing happened as well.  This plaque was posted outside of 440 Lombard St. between 4th and 5th St.
 
 
 
 
The last of the interesting door knockers on my journey down Lombard.  Apparently I was not the only one besides the owner who took a look at this knocker on 4th and Lombard, Februaury 5th around 3:10pm.
 
 
Another bicycle waiting for their owner's return at 3rd and Lombard around 3:20pm Friday, February 5th.
 
Around Sixth and Lombard it dawned on me that I might want to have an image of someone riding a bike instead of just locked to a street sign or bike rack.  Surprisingly I did not see someone until Second St., and I had to wait a good 20-30 minutes before he showed up.  Anyway this gentleman was dismounting his bike at 2nd and Lombard around 3:30pm Friday, February 5th.


 

 
A look east down the unit block of Lombard St. in Philadelphia on February 5, 2010 at 3:45pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment